Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Unit 4 Post

Hello everyone well here we are in week four already, time is really flying by so fast. Just think in no time at all we will have written a scientific paper. I’m not sure about the rest of you, but for me that will be a really big deal. I really am not good at writing papers at all, a matter of fact when I knew I was taking this class and it being part II I thought great am I going to make it through. LOL Anyway, so far we have learned how to search for our references and how to cite them. Now we are being asked the question why it is so important to cite what we have looked up be to our references for our paper. Well beside the must known reason, which is plagiarism. There are also reasons that are very important to you as a student and as a person. One thing we all should live by is giving credit to where credit is due; think about it would you like to work your but off on working on a paper just for someone to come along and steal your work and take all the credit? Then there is the reason for not wanting to get kick out of school. Many schools require proper citing and have a very strong rule on plagiarism, which if you are caught doing this you will be removed from the school. And I’m sure we all have worked too hard to have it taken away now. One other reason I think it is important to cite our work is because when we are writing a paper, we are really becoming more knowledgeable, so you want to make sure you really know what you have learned and are talking about. I think that if we have a lot of citations than the more expert option we have. I have really learned a lot about my topic on teenage pregnancy and I have to say with all that I have read, I’m really blown away and worried for all those teenage girls out there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment